Originally Posted By lostagain
I've got an Osprey ATmos 50 on the way, and will probably use that or a Exos 46 I've been eyeing. Both are much lighter than the ILBE.

Since you're open for criticism, let me criticize this. grin I got a Granite Gear Blaze that is 60 liter and weights less than the Atmos. Of course if you add the optional lid to the pack it might be pushing the same weight as the Atmos, but you're getting more space for the same or less weight!!! I don't have the lid and I wish it had came with the pack with the ability to add or leave it base on trips. (Need somewhere stash my maps and powerbars without opening the pack.)

With that said, I really like Osprey's pack. I've been eying the Stratos 24 for my dayhike adventures.

Oh yeah, I don't know if you know this but the Smoky Mountain National Park starting in 2013 will start charging a fee to backpackers. I don't know about AT thru-hikers, but I'm going to assume they have to pay up too.