IF you're really considering the Copper Spur UL2, take your gear to a store and play with the UL1 version. I'm thinking (based on what I do when I spend a couple of days along the AT in Virginia) that you'll be hanging your food, so you'll only have everything else to stow.

The UL1 has a lot more room than you'd expect from a one-person tent - it's trapezoidal instead of rectangular, and the extra room in the shoulder area will hold a lot of stuff. I travel near the minimalist end of the spectrum, and I've got plenty of room, even when I'm carrying cold-weather clothing.

I store my pack (Deuter ACT Lite or Osprey Kestrel) under my lower legs, my shoes under my head (with a water bladder, fleece top, or rain gear for a pillow), and the water bottles, etc. around the edge of the floor. My Jetboil stove usually stays in the foyer, though there's room inside for it, too.

Don't know if this setup will work with the Atmos pack - I had one, and the curved frame made it uncomfortable to put under my legs. At that point, a one man tent would get crowded unless you were willing to store the pack outside, too. It also forced me to carry a full length pad - adding weight over the 3/4 length I now use. Having used the Atmos, I found I preferred the Kestrel 58's load carrying ability; it seemed to carry heavier loads better than the Atmos 50. If the Atmos doesn't work for you, you may want to look at the Kestrel. (Actually, if I were carrying 30 pounds or more, I'd probably choose one of the Deuter ACT Lite or Zero models; they have about the best suspension I've seen, and only weigh a few ounces more than the Atmos.)

In any event, before you choose the Copper Spur UL2, give the UL1 a try - you'll save some weight and some money.