For the past few months, I have been experiencing an ongoing issue with pain in the hip bone - specifically the left iliac crest. I would have thought bruising due to the hip belt of a pack, except, this came out of nowhere with no real changes in routine or pack weight. For a little while I thought, it's got to be a problem with being out of alignment. So I talked to the chiropractor and have had adjustments.

The pain is ongoing only when I put weight on the leg. I feel like one leg is shorter than the other, which isn't true, and it's not gotten worse, or better.

So I started googling - what we all do, right? - and start running across info on the muscles and tendons and such that are attached to the iliac crest. Turns out one of my favorite poses is great for this kind of pain - pigeon pose. So I come home, do a few sunrise salutations, and drop into pigeon pose for a while on each side.

So now I need to be back in yoga, since it improved things some.

http://hikeandbackpack.com