I'm new to the forum, just FYI

I noticed you didn't put any thing in your list about your primary clothing layer... i.e. pants and shirt. Do you carry anything other than what you trek in? I'm trying to figure out what to wear and what to carry. I only ask because I'm coming out of the army and getting into backpacking. In the army we had to cary an extra uniform. Im trying to figure out if I need to carry an extra shirt and pants?

I used a lot of what you had in your list to start building my, Thank you! I'm weighing each item and then using that to calculate a total pack weight, I then look at each item as a % of total weight to help figure out what I need to shave off. Right now Im just shy of 30 lbs. Problem is I haven't added any food, and I still have some items to weigh.. I am carrying 3L of water in my pack and it accounts for nearly 20% of my pack weight. How much water are you caring vs how much you plan on pumping? Where I hike/trek you can go for hours with out seeing water. Compared to most people I drink a lot less water than they do. I can use a 1.5L and be just fine where others will suck 3L or more and be dying for water. How do your water rationing?

Edit - Do you count your boots and the clothing you're waring in your weight? Im trying to figure out where to draw the line.

Edited by DieselTwitch (07/02/12 12:15 AM)