Originally Posted By Gordie
I got myself a new sleeping bag this year. Down filled MEC Gosling. http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/SleepingBags/DownBarrelBags/PRD~5025-513/mec-gosling-sleeping-bag-5c.jsp

They have 3 sizes, Long, Regular and Small. The Reg. is for people up to 6' and the small is up to 5'6". When I went to the store they were out of the Reg, so I said to hell with it and got the small. I am 5'9". Even with the Small, there was plenty of room. I could still pull it over my head if I wanted to. So I was very pleased by this. It's a little lighter then the Regular size and takes up less space of course. I will always buy the small size from now on.

I wouldn't take this as gospel gordie - bag fit is an individual thing, and just because the small works for you in the gosling, doesn't mean it might not in some of the other bags or other brands.

For example, if you were to pick up an MEC merlin bag (which is a mummy as opposed to a barrel) you might find you need a bit more "closer to your size" fit.

but having said that, there's nothing wrong with using the bag that *you are comfortable in* - if you like the fit - the heck with what the label says! The moral of the story is, don't believe what it *says* it's for - Try them on and go with what you like. bags fit like clothing.

Browse my pictures