Thanks everybody.

Ok, I hated the idea of the iodine tabs, so I think I will look for a better back-up system in case of catastrophic water filter failure!!!! (I don't trust them, either. I will look into what you guys suggested.)

Oregon, you were thorough. Thank you!

I have a spreadsheet going with a "category" for everything (food, hygiene, first aid, etc.), then whether or not it's a shared item, then how much it weighs. still working on getting all the weights of everything in there. The spreadsheet was just kind of a pain to get in here, that's all.

I've got 2 pair of wool hiking socks.

The deal with the pad thing... my dad got me a foam one, but it's not comfy by itself. frown It was really nice of him to get it for me, so I was planning to take it and then put another pad on top of it.

The GPS is a toy I got for Xmas from my inlaws. I hope to load a few geocaches on it. It's something I enjoy doing. Other members of the group are going to have a map.

Good tip on the baking soda. I thought about doing that... Think I will.

I'm gonna need a lot of sunscreen. I'm a red head. Thinking about the sun gives me a sunburn. :-p

I'm thinking of using lemon ecolyptus or some other such thing. I can't remember exactly what it was now. I need to re-check that one. Anyone have experience with that?

I'd be sad to leave the sleeveless shirt behind. I'm afraid of burning, but also of overheating. :-/

Ok, on the suture thing... I'll have to ask my dad and step bro (nurse and surgical tech, respectively) what they think. I think a bandage sounds far less scary to this needle phobe, anyway!

Thanks for the tips on the clothes. I Was really torn on that. It felt like too much, but it's hard when the temps could do anything in the mountains. I am picturing the possibility of hiking in snow... or 80 degree weather.

Thanks again on the hand san/soap thing. Another thing I wasn't so sure about-- thanks for confirming!

Wallet: I'm planning to take ID, health card and a credit card so I can get a hotel room for the night before and the night after, and lunch/dinner those days and that should be it.

I already know my phone won't work anywhere on the trail. (I've been warned.) I'd just leave it in the car, but we're being dropped off and picked up, so I won't have my car to leave it in. Otherwise I definitely would. (My phone is a dinosaur. I don't even have texting on it, let alone a data plan or GPS.)

The water filter I bought because last year they boiled water and then used tabs when fuel got scarcer. I don't want to have to resort to tabs (don't trust 'em too much!) and I know they said they won't attempt to boil water again, so I decided to get my own water filter.

We're sharing a stove. We're just each carrying a canister of fuel for it.

I'm hoping to borrow a knife from my dad, if I even take one. I was unsure on that one. Like I told my stepbrother... unless we get into a knifefight with a rival hiking group, do we really ALL need knives?!

I'll leave the calamine lotion at home.

Good tip on the trash bags. Thanks.

The trowel is a shared item, so I've no idea what kind it is (they've got one I was going to borrow), but if it breaks I'll remember to use my trekking pole. :-)

Cooking pot... I assumed my dad had one. I'll have to ask. We're just going to be boiling water to add to those dehydrated pouches... and my dad at least requires coffee. I do not. I don't do coffee, so I'm all set. I planned to just bring a 32 oz. water bottle to use for the trip. Oh, yeah. Question on the water bottle for everyone:
Do you guys clean out your water bottles during a backpacking trip? I don't want to get sick drinking my own gross, but I don't want to waste filtered water to clean my bottle if it doesn't need it. Besides, I'm not sure how I'd do that easily on the trail. Can I use the same bottle for 6 days and not end up sick from my own germs??

Water will be everywhere, as far as I can tell. There are over 100 lakes along the trail. I know we'll have access to water each night, as the campsites are all somewhat near lakes.

I'm almost positive someone is bringing a first aid kit. I will make sure, but I trust these guys not to be idiots. :-p (Always a good thing.)

Yeah, I meant to put band aids on there. Def. will add that one.

Plastic bags will go on the list, thanks.

I've got good teeth so I usually don't bother flossing. (Hope there are no dentists on the board. I just made them all hate me.)

Anti-diarheals will go, too. Thanks.

I'll check on the matches. Even if others are carrying some, should I have some, too? There will be wet crossings, so maybe better safe than sorry??

FUD is female urination device. (Don't ask me where I heard that term. I can't remember.) I'm going with a bunch of guys, and I saw the freshette and thought it might be easier. Esp. since we'll be above treeline a lot and from the pics it didn't look like there would always be a private spot to pee. I don't want that to hold me back from drinking enough water, so this was a little indulgence on my part, I guess.

Thanks again, guys!