(Sorry!)

This is for 6 days in Montana in early/mid August. Bear country, elevations 5 to 10k feet.

Pack
Foam sleeping pad
headlamp
trekking poles
water filter
sleeping bag
gps
rain pants
rain jacket
socks
smartwool pants
smartwool top
down jacket or vest
sunhat
wool/warm gloves
part of a tent (shared)
meals (dehydrated pouch type)
water (32 oz to carry?)
second sleeping pad- open cell foam
underwear/bra
sunscreen- tube and stick
toothbrush
toothpaste
lunette cup (coolest thing ever, for the ladies; trust me, you need one!)
camp soap
moleskin
aspirin
advil
bug spray
camp towel
bear spray
emergency whistle
FUD
ipod
smell proof bear sacks
compression sack(s)
zip off pants
one sleeveless shirt
water/lake shoes for wet crossings
sunglasses w/ glasses strap
hairties
bandana
suture kit
boots
digital camera w/ batteries and memory card
trash bag or rain cover
polar fleece sweatshirt
nylon running shorts
polar fleece pants
long sleeve zip front mid weight shirt
50 foot cord
compression straps for foam sleeping pad
wooden clothespins or carabiners for hanging laundry
Trowel
Pocket Knife/Multitool
Spoon
1 canister of Fuel
Stove
toilet paper
Kevlar Bear Bag
Lipbalm with SPF
Comb
Aloe
Calamine Lotion (Burns, Bug bites, poison ivy)
Hand Sanitizer
Benedryl
GORP: snickers bars, luna/cliff, raisins, nuts
alcohol wipes
wallet
phone and charger
duct tape
wool/warm hat
iodine tabs as water treatment back-up option

It's sort of in random order. Oops. Some of the stuff is shared, so I won't be carrying everything (ex: the kevlar bag). The plan is to try to keep my pack weight down as much as possible as I'm the lightest hiker, the only girl, one of two who hasn't done this trial yet and one of two who doesn't live at or train at elevation. So, others will take much of the group-shared stuff in their packs so I can keep my weight down. At least, that's the plan. The camera, ipod and gps fall into my "toys" category. The ipod is an original shuffle, smaller than a cigarette lighter and about the weight of a ballpoint pen. The camera is palm sized and less than half a pound. The phone and charger and wallet I realize I can't use, but I need those things on the trips out and back so unfortunately I have to bring them with me even though they're just dead weight. Luckily, it won't add much.

Thoughts? It sure seems like a lot of crap. :-p Most of it is small, I guess, but even small stuff has to add up eventually. I don't have everything yet, but have a lot of the bigger, heavier stuff and with that I'm at about 14 pounds (including the weight of the pack itself, but not counting my boots). I weigh 120 lbs, so I want to keep it at no more than 30 pounds, less in a perfect world.

(ETA: Some stuff is not listed because someone else has it covered. For example, maps.

Edited by kievalina (06/07/12 01:42 PM)