I am wondering how feasible it is to not stake out vestibules in order to reduce the footprint of a tent.

I often find myself in situations where there are bushes or rocks or trees or hard ground or other tents reducing the footprint where I could erect my tent. In the past I had a tent that didn't have any vestibules and I really liked the convenience of not having to use stakes if I didn't want to use them.

But it seems like all the newer backpacking tents have one or often two vestibules, requiring staking and a larger footprint to erect taut.

Does anyone have opinions about how feasible it is to leave the vestibules "blowing in the wind" if I don't have the footprint or want to take the time to stake them down?

The tents I'm looking at are the Marmot Limelight 2p, REI passage 2, and Kelty Salida 2. Are there other similar 2-pole, freestanding, about 90" long, easy to set up tents without vestibules? Something like the REI Camp dome but with better rain protection and a bit bigger is what I'd like to find, but I'd also like to hear others experiences with leaving vestibules "flapping in the wind".