Perhaps you are right.
The item I am looking for was available until the end of 2011. I'd guess it was launched in about 1990.

Often, a truly great item is available for decades based on demand. Black Diamond's Megamid being one case in point, having been launched in about 1980. It's certainly nice when you can rely on a manufacturer.

I've only just realized that GoLight recently abandoned hexagonal design for its pyramid tents.

The hex design offered, relative to square 'mids, at least a theoretical advantage in shedding wind, and perhaps a bit less corner space where headroom approaches zero inches. I guess the headroom issue is because of a more steeply sloped canopy on hex (each of its six corners were closer to the centerpole than the four corners of a square plan; hence a steeper pitch). Headroom advantage may also be slightly related to shallower angle of the corners on floor plan, but am uncertain of this.

Anyway, the hex offered some advantages over a square floor plan, but apparently not enough for GoLite.

Probably also was more expensive to manufacture and it may have also resulted in a slightly heavier product than a simple square floor pattern, although I am uncertain about this.

For some years, the Shangri-La 'mids maintained the hex pattern, but apparently no more.

All that said, at present the prices from GoLight are astonishingly inexpensive.

Am considering a Shangri-La 5 as a solution to girl-friend's demands. It seems like a fine tent.

It's listed at 90 square feet. Does anybody know square-footage of its "next?"