Quote:
If you are utterly unwilling to actually read the many relevant, reputable and peer-reviewed articles which are easily available, and you entirely discount a credible summary of the science (by Dr. Rockwell) then obviously, you prefer uninformed prejudice and whatever you perceive that your friends may believe.

I have nowhere stated that I am at all (utterly or otherwise laugh ) unwilling to read such articles. Following standard scientific method, however, I do not accept information provided from non-peer-reviewed sources, such as the Rockwell article and anything in wikipedia.

On the contrary, I am quite willing, able and happy to read articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals that contradict established medical advice (as summarized by the CDC guidelines I cited above), but you haven't listed any for me to read!

So far you have given me a reference (no link) to wikipedia, a completely unreliable source, and another poster (not you) has provided a link to the Rockwell article, which is also not a scientifically reliable source in that it was neither peer-reviewed nor published in a scientific journal. You have provided only vague references (not bibliographic citations or links) to articles which you state are cited in those two unreliable (from a scientific viewpoint) sources.

Please provide the evidence, in the form of a bibliography of or links to those "many relevant, reputable and peer-reviewed articles" you mention, so I can read them for myself and discuss them with my physician/backpacker son-in-law. He would like to read them, too, but again only peer-reviewed sources published in reputable scientific journals.

I'd really love to go back to drinking water directly from the source, as I did when I was young! Treating water is a big nuisance, and if it's really unnecessary for the health of either my grandchildren or me, I will certainly stop doing it. Please provide the overwhelming scientific evidence that it would be safe for me to do this!

Edit, later: in a post you made while I was typing this one (and doing a few other items such as eating dinner and letting my dog out), you did mention authors and titles of several articles, but not where they can be found. Please provide the complete source. Thank you!

Brad, it's not a lot of fuss over water; it's the health of readers of this forum and their families that is at stake here. Without overwhelming scientific--and yes, peer-reviewed--evidence to the contrary, I have to stick with established medical advice, like it or not. I really want to see that evidence, and so does my son-in-law, if Sandia will only provide it.

Edited by OregonMouse (04/24/12 01:21 AM)