I was going to drop this, but last night I accidentally left the house with my hiking shoes on. Compared to the boots they were miserable.

In my opinion, combat boots like the kind in the picture are a completely different footwear system.

This month, I've walked 182 miles so far. 88 in these boots, 67 in the high top Redwings, 15 in the Mountain Lights and 12.75 in hiking shoes.

The Redwings are just as comfortable, but clearly too heavy. The Mountain Lights just aren't comfortable. By comparison, I don't even like hiking shoes anymore. The reason I am mentioning the others is just to show that if I did not like these boots, I would say so.

BrianLe said I didn't say anything that would convince others to use them. That wasn't my purpose in the original post. Now, I have a bit different opinion, but ONLY if a person has problems they need to correct.

The high top looks like it would be constricting and uncomfortable. I think it is a key factor in preventing motion of the back part of the foot against the inside. I tend to wear through the fabric of shoes in about 100 miles or so. That may have to do with the shape of my foot. But in about 25 miles, the leather in the back of these boots took on the shape of my feet and ankles which minimizes any abrasion.

With my shoes, I would get a mild pain on the bottom of my heel which felt like it was caused by abrasion. I would also get a tired feeling like the bones in my foot were spreading apart a little. Neither of these is serious and only happens after I do 9 miles a day for a week at a time.

These boots completely eliminated those.

Still, I'm stopping well short of saying everyone should switch. All I'll say is if a person has some sort of chronic foot problem, the answer may not be getting better footwear of the same type. The answer may be switching to something completely different.

If anyone is interested, they can be ordered from Cabella's with a 60 day no questions asked return policy. Or you can take your chances and get them on Amazon Cheaper.