We are planning to go to about Twin Lakes. My son will go on through segment 14 if he wants which about 90 more miles. I'll be surprised if he wants to go on after that. If he does, I can meet him along the way for resupply.

Thanks for the offer of help. We live in Pueblo, so we are doing fine for transportation issues.

Last year we had people planning to meet us for each resupply. We got off schedule right in the beginning because our tent started leaking and we had to go get a new one. That started to make coordination a mess.

This year, I decided to just walk to town for resupply except for the end of segment 9. We are planning to stay in the Leadville Hostel. They have a shuttle and there is phone service about 90 minutes before the end of segment 9. There is also spotty service at the trailhead.

Deciding to walk to town made planning a lot easier. It's usually less than 4 miles if you take the early resupply in Buffalo Creek after about 27 miles. Then everything falls easily into place. Jefferson is about 4 miles. Breckenridge has a free bus at the trailhead. Copper Mountain is a couple miles. Twin Lakes is about 2 miles. After that, I'll be able to meet my son at Buena Vista and Salida.

We have all our gear except for two one man tents. Someone offered to give us a couple really good DIY tents, so we are good there.

Mentally, we are in a much better place this year. We did a lot of backpacking last year, so we know what to expect. We both find living on the trail is easier than living at home.