I don't know that area well, it's east of where I do most of my backpacking if it's where I think you're going.

15 miles a day might be a lot though, especially if it's hot out. There are going to be a lot of ticks and chiggers out then, and the forest will be thick and there will be lot's of poison ivy.

Honestly, hiking 15 miles a day in Ozark Forests in June is pretty brutal. I think you're talking about right close to Ft Leonard Wood and I'm not sure they push their recruits that far and hard in June. cry

Have you considered a float trip instead? Take all the same gear you would for backpacking, plus a few luxuries, and rent a canoe and float one of the rivers here. You can still do some dayhikes and camping along the shore on sand and gravel bars, and you get to swim in some awesome swimming holes, and you won't be miserable in the thick of the forest.

Check into floating the Current River and Jacks Fork. They're not far from where you're talking about going and the scenery and water are both pretty sweet.

"You want to go where?"