Originally Posted By Kent W

You obviously havent looked at round Nesco Dehydrators lately!
They do have a Fan and they do have a thermostat! My Thermostat goes from 95 to 160 degrees! I understand Excalibers are nice , but to dehydrate a few times a year and make Jerky? To Much cash. I have about 75.00 in my Nesco with seven trays, Four fruit roll trays and 4 fine mesh grids! I have also been using it for about 2 years now, No the trays havent warped from heat like some people claim.
No offense but I just had to clarify the false Nesco Statements.

It is better to try and fail than never try at all!

I would like to clarify that I did not make any FALSE NESCO STATEMENTS. All I said is "a lot of the stackable ones". I attempted to make clear that having a thermostat & a fan were important items to have in a dehydrator. There are many types of dehydrators out there, and depending on your purchase point, your comfort level, how often you dehydrate, how much you dehydrate at a time, and what specifically you dehydrate, you will have different needs in a dehydrator. I don't mind you adding your personal experiences, Kent, but please don't make me out to be a panderer of Excalibur to the exclusion of all else, and above all, don't accuse me of lying.