Radiology hadn't occurred to me, but now that you mention it, it's been quite awhile since I was "shot" on xray film. (My dentist finally relented and went digital, and confesses the new gear uses a fraction of the xray intensity of the old, so there's that.)

I don't know of I'll ever be able to show my daughter the magic of a print appearing in the developing tray, and that's kind of sad. Back in the day, I loved the darkroom as much as I loved shooting.

Cheers,

Originally Posted By Kent W
Your reply is kinda what I expected. I dont plan to get rid of my old Canon Cameras. Especiallly , my dads favorite old FTB. The convinence of digital and digital editing has kinda changed the demand for the perfectionist photographer. I told my wife not long ago, film is becoming a thing of the past. I also think the masters that knew how to use will as well? We dont have to be as consise when shooting a RAW image. The software makes it easier for rank amatures as myself to create nice photos. Doesnt make me a photographer does it?
Still being able to read the light is significant to ultra high quality. However, I have to think digital has made it more feasable for more people.
Like all change it can be a total shame, I think?
MY wife is in Radiolgy. She is old school, manualy set KV and Mass etc. She is slowley losing her film suppliers. Within a year or two they will have no choice but to go digital. Agfa quit making her film. She had a hard time finding a replacment of sutible quality! The replacment will be gone soon too. A era is ending. History happens yesterday,is a sad reality!