Whether or not you have children, when you get married you sign a document indicating your intention to take care of your spouse, to have and to hold - yeh yeh; so then not holding them afterward is marriage fraud (reason enough for a marriage anullment). frown My experience with climbers is that you either marry a wife or marry your hobby. It is unfair to make someone who loves you sit alone (unheld by you) while you wander off to fulfill a dream.

I DO believe that it is a spouses job to see to it that their spouse flourishes and to encourage change and to accept change, but abandonment is a good reason for divorce, especially if you are doing something that the awaiting spouse considers dangerous enough that you might not return.

Short trips of course are different, but I think most marriages are gonna be slight jerked by one member being gone over 2 weeks, unless of course its to make lots of money.

Good luck
Jim