i'll add a bit to the drift and then attempt to take it back to the main trail:

raccoon tastes a lot like beef. texture is similar as well. never had bear but i'm told that is "beef like" as well. nutria tasted somewhat like squirrel. i've only had either of those in a stew like dish so your mileage may vary.
never had pika nor marmot but if you'll send one, i'll give you an opinion as to edibility.

as to the poopie in the woods, i compost kitchen scraps including paper towels, food grade paper bags (sugar bags, flour bags, corn meal bags, etc) therefore i have a lot of experience with those substances in a decompositional sort of way. i find it difficult to believe that it would be necessary to pack out toilet paper. even afer only a few days, the heavy paper sugar bags are long gone. the nitrogen content of the fecal matter and what little carbon matter is contained in the paper should quickly become one and disappear. i'd suspect that adding a handful of leaves to the hole prior to the deposit would help decomposition by adding more carbon to the nitrogen load. of course, that may not be the case in a very dry environment but any place that gets moisture should not have any problems digesting a bit of paper.
i suspect those moist toilettes thingees are a different story as when burned they seem to "melt" first so the biodegradable factor may not exist. we either burn them or pack them out.

i'm not wild about the "fling it in the ocean" and if there are any rocks here, someone brought them. although the "smear it and leave it" approach does have a certain appeal. smile
as always, ymmv.