I find it interesting that no one has offered any advice yet. Sleeping in raging storms is a must - you cannot be sleep deprived for long and make good decisions.

First off you chose a bad spot for your tent. It should be protected from the expected wind direction. Some tents flap more than others, the more poles, the quiter the tent, and the "round" shape of domes makes them the most wind resistent and consequently the quietist to sleep in. Pitch your tent completely and tightly.

Carry earplugs in your first aid kit.

I cannot concieve of how you could be cold at 50 degrees with long underwear and a fleec jacket in a sleeping bag. Get a better sleeping bag. You can get them cheap at thrift stores. I've picked up a Gerry bag and another down bag for a few bucks each. A wool shirt would help too, or insulated pants.

Try real food... "we enjoyed instant mashed potatoes for breakfast". WE HAD THE BEST TIME!!! I guess... but if you had decent food, were warm, had slept well and had a better breakfast you might actually have had a "great time". grin
Jim

Edited by Jimshaw (01/23/12 12:16 PM)