I got a little something in the mail this week from RingTail (THANK you!!).

The FeatherFire alcohol stove! Cool! smile

Part of what's cool about it is this cable that you see here.

That cable controls this screw.

And that screw opens up or constricts the metal band that encircles the stove. Underneath the band are ventilation ports. Open up the band, more air. Close the band, less air.

OK, so here's the really cool thing: You can run the cable through a gap in your windscreen and control things on the fly. NICE! With a Trangia, for example, you have to pull the pot off, manually emplace the simmer ring (without burning yourself), and open the simmer ring with a knife (or whatever). No need on the FeatherFire. Just turn the knob. Clockwise reduces air and the flame. Counter-clockwise opens things up and increases the flame. Start the stove on full open.

Speaking of full open, it gets a plenty good boil on full open.

And a darned good simmer on full closed.

Would you look at that simmer? That is a nice simmer. Just barely bubbling. Best control I've seen on any alcohol stove anywhere. Period.

Couple of more shots for now. High flame.

Low flame.

It'll take me a couple of weeks to get a real sense of the stove. I've only fired it twice so far. "Only." Ha, ha. I've had it two days. "Only" fired it twice. lol. Nice stove, Ringtail.

The stove came from TLB, so TLB gets an exclusive advance look. Nothing ready for the blog just yet. Got a burn a few more rounds of alcohol, etc.

HJ