It has 6 cartridges- 225 PGBK, 226 yellow, 226 cyan, 226 megenta, 226 BK and 226 Gray. The 226 black and gray are supposed to be higher quality ink for B&W photos, but I have yet to figure out what printer settings use these vs the PGBK. The printer is a PIXMA MG6220. It prints well on photo paper but I have had poor luck with 32-pound multi-purpose paper. I know the printer is capable of better quality but I am really struggling at this point. The user's manual is a bit sparse on details.

Another question- if my files are in Adobe RBG does it matter that the printer defaults to RBGs? Whe I print out of Adobe, the quality is better than when I print out of WORD. I have diasbled "devise" color settings, which I assume means that the printer will understand that the files are Adobe RBG. I am quite confused on how this all works.

My camera is also a Cannon, and the files are in RBGs. When I process them in Adobe I covert them to Adobe RBG. My understanding is that Adobe RBG is accepted in a wider range of applications. Is that correct?