I agree with the Ranger:
Liquid stoves are much better anywhere near freezing. My Coleman xtreme is compressed and liquid fuel, like a few others. The liquid feed into a preheat tube in the stove means that liquid gas flows from the fuel bottle, not GAS. GAS has to gasify inside the fuel bottle and find its way out, thus the propane in a fuel bottle, which has a boiling point of -40, will have enough pressure to force a mixture of liquids out of it as long as the fuel bottle is above -40. Sometimes the feed intake inside tese fuel bottles freezes and twists, so pushing the bottle vertically down into the snow keeps the fuel feed down in the liquid fuel, and the snow provides both insulation from the outside AND HEAT!!! The snow is warm enough to keep the compressed gas above minus 40.

Other than that white gas is the way to go in the winter, with a compressed gas feed. White gas doesn't ignite easily in cold wind. I prefer an old MSR XGK for the task of expedition snow melting. Its a work horse than can crank out a huge amount of heat.

Hikin Jim Thanks for the info - I like the stove. [psst - I've never admitted to being a stove collector keep it quiet] I just have too many stoves all ready.

Perhaps my favorite summer stove is primus very similar to your micro stove, permanently mounted in the bottom half of a 1.5 liter SS pan with three large holes in it. The "fire pan" concept is extremely effieicnt, and since all but the top of the pan is litterally enshrouded in flame, it is immune to any ambient weather.
Jim