OldRanger, all I can say about the cabin is that it looked like it had a new coat of paint on it. This would be a great spot for a horse packing trip; corrals and hitching posts at Manning and Grassy Shack Camps respectively. I would not mind spending more time on top exploring, but with the mileage (about 42 miles in 3.5 days) and the amount of snow on top, we needed to keep moving.

Also, as far as the cat prints are concerned, we hit heavy concentrations of cat prints after the Grassy Shack Camp and before Manning Camp. It was obvious people had not gone past the Grassy Shack since the storms; I love it when that happens. The only set of small cat prints I saw were in the mud and I was struck by how round the toe pad prints were. To my eye not very feral cat like. But that is just probably wishful thinking.

I enjoyed the trip loads. Thanks to Mark for getting me out there, and to Pika for suggesting it to him. Arizona truly has a lot of jems to visit.

sK

Our Picasa computer is having conniptions so...I may post a few more late when the dust settles on that.

Note to Heather: I would think about the Superstition Mountains in late Feb/Mar. In a good rain year they are supposed to be beautiful. Never been, but they are near the top of my list.

Edited by skcreidc (01/03/12 09:32 AM)
Edit Reason: note to Heather