I've eaten freez-dried entrees for dinner the last few years, for simplicity (not for flavor); however, the last trip, I could hardly force them down, so I'm going to try reverting to what I used to do:

Rice: if you want to use rice (with a foil pouch of chicken, turkey, tuna or salmon, and a gravy mix or other seasonings, cheese, and dried mushrooms or other fresh or dried veggies) to come up with your own concoction, you can get instant Minute Rice in both white and brown varieties. Simpler yet would be the Knorr/Lipton Side Dishes, in a variety of flavors, to which you could add meat. They require adding the ingredients and bringing the mix to a boil, then simmering and letting stand; I've changed "simmering" to "let stand a bit longer" with no noticeable adverse results. (They also make noodle varieties; I never experimented much with them, only because I like rice so well.)

Another easy-fix supper is cous-cous. I use Near East (I think that's the brand), which comes in several flavors; I prefer Parmesan. I usually add a foil pouch of meat (see above), though it's fairly filling even without it. You simply boil up the water, remove from the stove, dump in the ingredients, and let it stand.

There is always that old stand-by, macaroni and cheese. I haven't used it in a number of years, but I believe Kraft made a variety that only required you to boil the macaroni, drain it, then use a squeeze-cheese pouch to add the "-n-cheese." I sometimes put a little canned ham into it. I quit using it because the clean-up was a little too much like work.

Ramen noodles: work OK as a supper if you add some meat (see above) and maybe some dried mushrooms or other veggies. Not my favorite, due to the heavy dose of salt. If I use them at all, it's usually as-is to make a hot dish for lunch.

Instant oatmeal and cup of soup work OK; I don't eat oatmeal at home and, on my last trip, found it hard to force down on the trail. I mostly eat granola bars for breakfast (similar to my cold breakfast at home); you could also take peanut butter and bagels. Individual packets of cereal (bowl or box) also work for me, since I prefer my cereal without milk; if you like Carnation milk, you can pack along the powder and mix your own. Pop Tarts also work for breakfast, as long as you follow up with a better snack (nuts, fruit, etc.) mid-morning.

For lunch, I usually eat some variant of beef and cheese; my own choice is usually the Jack Link kippered beef and one or two sticks of the school-lunch cheddar cheese sticks. In winter, I'll sometimes add a cup of soup or cup of ramen noodles - but not very often.

Snacks are usually granola bars or some sort of trail mix. There are a huge variety of these in the grocery stores, and you can mix your own trail mix using nuts, candy, and dried fruit.