Originally Posted By OregonMouse
It's wonderful that you are happy with your NeoAir. I'm not trying to invalidate your experience. Please don't try to invalidate mine. We are each unique individuals, obviously with very different reactions to cold temperatures!

OM, my own experience is not even uniform. I consider myself a normal sleeper, but if I have hiked too many miles and go to bed chilled without supper then I need a kit rated about 15 degrees higher than the overnight low.

I camped last weekend with a guy just back from Afghanistan. I envy his youth, fitness and metabolism. He consistently wears one or TWO less layers than me. As a child I found that I needed to put on a sweater/coat/gloves when my mother got cold.

It is hard to be angry with people when their warnings are motivated by true concern about your confort and safety. However, knowledge is power and some use it to establish dominance.

If all our comments must be based on experience then Mr. Shaw and Brawny are the only ones qualified to comment on open flames in a tent.

I miss my mother and first assume that warnings are motivated by concern about safety and comfort. However, I always have a plan B. shocked