Steadman said.. "I have no idea why anyone would want realtree blaze, but I'm assuming if you went into Dicks and asked, someone would be able to tell you."
....because the large ruminants (deer, elk, moose, etc.) that those hunter people go out for are color blind, but can still see very well regardless. So, the blaze camo is to keep high visibility yet, provide contrast and shapes to break up the obvious outline for those color blind large game.

While I'm on here, I used to LOVE camo; being from South Louisiana, it was common place clothing, even for school. Nowdays, I avoid camo like the plague. If you wear "newer" versions of camo, you are associated with hunting. If you wear the "older" woodland type camo, which I grew up with, then you are associated with either those para-military fruits or one of the ethnic arian groups. I actually had one of those arian type fools approach me once when I was wearing camo bdu's. I never wore them again. I live in Texas now, so I have no idea how other parts of the country are.

As far as tents go, camo is quite dark inside. The lighter colors, bring in lots of light. It is easy to hide if you need or want to, even with bright backpacks and tents. It is very hard to make yourself seen if you have to with out any bright colors.