Bill,
I've been thinking of building a "super super shelter" on Lava Deck up in the flow behind my house. Its about as isolated feeling there as a mountain peak, especially in a snow storm. It might be sort of similar to your construction except it might be made of 4'x8' sheets of 1 inch styrafoam aluminised on one side. I had imagined an internal heat source, maybe a US tent heater wood stove, and a transparent side facing the Newberry Monument to watch it snow.

Of course it would hardly be a tent nor would it be portable, but it is a plastic super shelter shaped design that will use heat from a different source and it will actually be insulated. It might be fun to hang a fire pan in front of it, but in any wind it would not be a wise idea to have a campfire, unless theres snow. I was thinking that an electric heat source might be cool and that I have a generator out back that could be employed though its a tad noisy, I would need 250 feet of extension cords otherwise shocked.

Anyway its also a chance to experiment with some inexpensive "homeless" homes.
JIM smile