Originally Posted By intrek38
""Long Walk fever seems to be going around. A lot of people are catching it.""
Kinda comparable to gold fever. Please be careful and enjoy..

I too have this fever, but not enough time of fund to cure it. So I will have to be content with less.

If you would, Can you explain your fever??

I'm pretty sure if it can be described a person doesn't have it. There is a book "Bodies in Motion" that describes it prettty well. Basically, there are some people that just love to be in motion. They give a lot of scientific theories to explain it so it makes a book.

Not having funding isn't a reason to not take a long walk. Pick two points on opposite sides of the country on Google Maps, make a map and virtually walk it using miles walked at home. Or buy the guidebooks for a favorite trail and do the same thing.

Or set a goal of walking every road in your county like someone did in town here.

You could buy a book like "See you down the trail" by Bert Nemcik and walk the miles needed to get to the next chapter. (He completed the AT.)

There are all kinds of ways to lesson the symptoms. There is no cure. Oh, you may quit walking and start riding a bicycle or motorcycle, but it will always be there. I think one of the symptoms is wondering why everyone else doesn't have it, too.

And buy a lottery ticket every so often. Never know what might happen.