Hennessey clone. The material is 230 denier coated. Some of you may recognize this from hammock forums.

A shot of the peak. I sewed it like this so I could attach a zipper all the way around.

The whoopie and gathered end. I know what you are talking about with the strung end of the Byer. I am not a fan of that set up, for many reasons.

A weight test. The horse tank, full of water, plus the hammock also full, came out to 990 plus pounds. The braided nylon rope whoopie snapped at the bury. I do not have stretching problems with a 1/2 inch nylon whoopie, but do tend to use an internal ring/ strap/ climbing rated carabiner for my suspension attachment. I have several suspension setups, whoopies only, poly straps/carabiner combo,s, lightweight cambuckle, etc.

The whole kit and kaboodle in the side bag. That is hammock, tarp, stakes, straps and lines, all together, in the side bag. It weighs a lot, due to the hammock body material, and the zip off half bug net/ hardshell combo.

From what I have heard and read, the Warbonnet Blackbird seems to be the favored camping (and military use) hammock.