Originally Posted By TomD
Actually you did. Now I need a dog and a new sled.

You know, you can always borrow someones dog. laugh

Originally Posted By TomD
Wiggys-people either love his stuff and him or can't stand him. There was a big discussion about him a while back on Trailspace. Personally, no experience with his gear and I don't like his politics, so he off my radar. I'd look for a used Integral Designs bag if you want synthetic. They get rave reviews-ID got out of selling bags when the company was sold recently, so you won't see them on their website, but the bags must still be around somewhere.

I am one of those in the middle. I don't love him, but I also don't hate him. But, his ultima thule looks really convincing. Since I don't do that many winter trips a year (2-3 max), and I generally don' carry the bag, I don't want to throw down the money for down. The ultima thule is also lighter and more compact than my current bag (and costs $175 more). I don't have the money to get anything this winter, so at least another year thinking. Of course, before I replace my winter bag, I will replace my summer quilt with a 20F down bag, so maybe next winter won't see a bag change either.