Originally Posted By wandering_daisy

My longest time out without contacting civilization is 35 days. I was not solo
My longest time out solo, without seeing another person was 8 days. This is another entirely different experience.

I've never been out 35 days. the longest I have been out is two weeks, and I've been out 10 without seeing another soul.

I actually find I get used to my tent or hammock as "home" *very* quickly though. a warm drink, warm food, and a warm bag in the evening keeps me pretty darn content. after about two ore three days I just sort of forget "civilization" ever existed. I get to the "when will I get out" if the weather is really bad, or I get sick and have to bail, but if I'm doing well I typically am not looking forward to "getting back to civilization.". Maybe that will change when I'm older, or can take longer trips, I dunno.

After long trips the thing I continue to notice the most, and appreciate the most when back from a longer trip is usually just running water. After a week or two out I will literally "notice" plumbing and appreciate it a lot more. I can spend a week marvelling about turning on the tap. It sounds silly, but I actually enjoy that too.. I might only have a cheezeburger pigout the day I get of trail, but I'll enjoy turing on the tap with an unusual admiration of it for weeks after.
Browse my pictures