Originally Posted By lori
Neither. I have a Montbell Thermawrap and a Marmot down jacket, they are about the same in terms of warmth, and I got one used and the other on sale. Less than a hundred bucks for each. The Montbell has a hood and the Marmot doesn't.

I really like the Montbell Thermawrap. I think I may buy this one and I'm search ebay and Christmas sales coming up for a good deal. I'm now trying decide if I want the one with hood or not. I'll probably get synthetic in case of wet weather. Exactly how warm is the Thermawrap? What lowest temperature you have been in wearing it while staying comfortable with just the jacket on?

Edit: The best feature of the Montbell is where the hand pockets are located. From the photo online it appears to be above the hipbelt. All the other jackets I've looked at, the hipbelt covers up the pocket. I might want put a snack or something in my pocket when hiking and I don't want the hipbelt restricting access to the pocket.

Edited by ETSU Pride (11/06/11 02:02 PM)