Hello everyone,
First of all I want to think everyone for there responses Im much appreciative. Second to Bill I'm really sorry to here about your loss but very anxious to here more about how you and Annie's relationship develops. As I'm almost 100% I have my heart set on a female Aussie. On a chance encounter I was working by a pond yesterday clearing some undergrouth and vines for a land owner that I do a lot of such work for. When out out of no where a blue merle female Aussie Walks up to check out what I was doing . Assuming this was the neighbors dog. I extended my hand palm out in an inviting manor and she came right over allowing me to pet her.

I have no idea her name and she was gone just as quick as she came but that pretty much was the sign I needed to set into motion the next set of events. That wil lead to my family having our first puppy together. Now to the buisness of puppy proofing upgrading fencing, new doghouse/bedding , finding a responcible breeder or suitble rescue dog. I'm currently semi interested in One breeder as they will have a litter ready early march which is a bit early for me but I could possible swing it. http://www.MOSSYCREEKAUSSIES.com I'm not 100% set on them I plan to contact them and ask if they would allow me to come meet the mother an father of the litter might try and head up that way in a few weeks I'm also going to continue my research of rescue shelters and breeders in the area.

Any advice on dealing with breeders or rescue shelters will be greatly appreciates as I have either inherited or been giving as a gift all my previous dogs . even our dog now my wife had three years before we met. So I'm extreamly novice and a little nervous about making decisions like this that are going to be this big of a commitment to my family and myself.

To the comments about aussies needing active homes and things to keep there minds busy all day. This is exactly what drew me to this breed as a family we live an extremely active life style. And we treet our pets as part of that life style and our family no matter what we are doing.

Another thing that attracted me to the breed was there intelligence I intend to challange and test them threw games training And just plain everyday companionship. I intend on taping into some of there natural herding and protective genes and train to help keep an eye on our children especially as they get older and want to start venturing off on there own day hikes and such when at go backpacking.

Overall I'm pretty excited and I have to say its nice to have something to look forward to that I can share with my whole family. I'm going to take this slow and not make any impulsive decisions.

Thanks again everyone
SAMOSET