Go to your local pharmacy and ask if they have a "Bite and Itch" lotion. Most all our locally owned pharmacies have one that the label themselves.

The active ingredients are diphenhydramine & pramoxine. A four ounce bottle of it costs around 5-7 bucks around here and it will last at least a year if you don't give it to friends who get bit up. (My experience is that once they try it they won't give it back to you, so prepare for that if you offer it to someone in need wink )

This is the only thing I've found that will relieve the itching. It just takes just a tiny dab applied directly on the bite and it works very quickly and lasts a long time. There is no need to slather it on. That won't make it work any better.

Dryer is right, you won't find a chigger burrowed into your skin, but in my experience you do have to break the little blister that forms on a chigger bite to help stop the intense itching. I do that and then apply the lotion.

Taking B vitamins everyday also helps a lot keep the itching to a minimum and helps speed the healing of the bites. I get my "B"s from two packets of "Emergen-C" every morning.

This "Bite and Itch" lotion also works amazing on bee and wasp stings. I carry some in my 1st aid kit.

"You want to go where?"