The driducks material is pretty fragile, but this material seems pretty strong to me. We ended up haveing about a day and a half of off and on rain (more on than off the first day). I never got around to fixing the hood before my trip, but I found out very quickly that in the 60's, the suit is way to warm to wear while active. I ended up starting to sweat quite a bit in the jacket, so I gave up on it. My cousin had picked up a driducks poncho before we left (for around 6 bucks if I remember right), and I decided to grab one too since it was so small, light, and cheap. I ended up using it, when I used anything at all. I've spent most of my life in cotton, so I'm used to dealing with being miserable when wet. I picked up some cheap nylon shirts and shorts in the fishing section at walmart and a pair of underarmour convertable pants for the trip. I found out quickly that even in the rain, the nylon doesn't get uncomfortable and clingy the way cotton does, and it dries even faster than I had realized. I dont think I'll even worry about taking the suit unless its MUCH cooler than it was on this trip. In the upper to mid 60's I just dont think its worth worrying about. I'll sweat under the suit anyway, and being wet isn't nearly as big a deal as I expected if wearing the right clothes. One of many lessons I learned on my first trip out in the rain.