Originally Posted By Heather-ak
There is definitly a place for Dr.s - but no excuse for not educating yourself too.

Exactly.

Putting your life solely in the hands of someone who's spent five or ten minutes listening to you and another five or ten minutes reading results of some tests is not a good idea.

You have to review their diagnoses, and their prescription for treatment. If you do that you might find you don't really suffer from what they've diagnosed. Or, you might find that there are other, better, treatments. Or, you might find that their prescription for treatment will adversely react with treatments you are already undertaking.

Herbal remedies work, sometimes better than prescription drugs, and often with no harmful side effects. I'm not saying to ditch your prescription drugs and your doctor, but I think it's always important to learn about what ails you and the treatments available to you, and it can't hurt to speak with your doctor about incorporating natural remedies into your treatment and transitioning to them from prescription drugs.

The most important thing to remember is that doctors do not know everything. They do not always know about the latest and best treatments for every ailment they encounter. Don't expect that when you go to a doctor, it is incredibly unreasonable to do so.

Here are some herbal remedies for high blood pressure.

Heather, it sounds to me like you and your husband might both benefit if he took a little Passion flower laugh

"You want to go where?"