Ummmm....I have no issue taking my blood pressure meds faithfully, daily. Looking at my maternal and paternal history I will keep doing that thankyouverymuch. Both my parents died way too young from the side effects of.....uncontrolled high blood pressure. It is genetic in my family and I was running high at 16!! I even take meds while pregnant - funny is I take a med that is out of patent many years ago and is such an old one that most pharmacies do not stock it (it has to be ordered). I can tell you that my oldest son was a hair over 5 lbs, born at a shy 36 weeks. My second son, when I was on meds, was born at 38 weeks and 9 lbs. I am pregnant again and I am looking to have another giant - all due to my BP being controlled! High BP leads to small babies - the placenta reverses the BP and leads to ultra low BP in the infant.

I'll take the side effects (the only real side effect I suffer from my meds is severe anemia in pregnancy).

And controlled BP is better than renal failure which my Mom had happen. She spent 7 years on dialysis before her heart gave out (very common in D patients).

I don't take medical advice blindly, I do my research. But I'd rather not live how my Mom did. It was no kind of life.

And PS: I eat an overall lower sodium diet, work out, keep active, don't smoke or drink and when not pregnant eat nearly all vegan. But genetics I cannot beat.