One very, very minor quibble with BZH on tents. I've seen the Fly Creek 2 in action, since a friend has one. He says it's a wonderful one-person tent, but he'd be real hesitant about sharing it with a second person - unless he was very, very comfortable about getting up close and personal with his tent mate. (He also quickly clarified that he and I would never share his tent, as if I needed that clarification!) I recently acquired an MSR Carbon Reflex 2; I haven't had the chance to set it up, but I'd bet I wouldn't want to share it with another adult (I didn't get it to use as a 2-person tent, but to use as a winter tent, when extra space is nice to have. I'm also thinking it might be nice if my 7 or 10 year old granddaughter wanted to go car camping some visit.)

So, if you do decide to change to a two-person "ultralight" tent, make sure you and another person actually climb in it before you buy it. Calling a tent "2-person" doesn't make it one. For what it's worth, this is nothing new, nor do I think companies are deliberately trying to mislead people. I remember when the Clip Flashlight 2 came out - same complaint that if you weren't betrothed when you went into the tent, you were when you came out. (I cleaned the language up a bit.) I think it's a case where two "standard" people, lying motionless in the tent without sleeping bags or other gear, will fit nicely - the inadequacy arises when those people refuse to lie motionless and want to move around.

Not trying to put you off of the two tents BZH recommended; both are excellent products. Just make sure the two people who are likely to use it are comfortable in it.