I agree with Bill that writing about her experiences would be beneficial IF she is willing to be honest and share her "doh" moments and "lessons learned" along with the fun moments. People can always learn from other's mistakes, but only if those mistakes are shared. Happy stories that leave out the "dirty little details" only encourage others to believe that nothing bad (even remotely) ever happens. I keep being reminded of the 6-day search in Denali that was conducted for two young women a few years ago: even after they were 6 days overdue they never actually believed they were lost. Never mind that they ended up going 30 miles in the wrong direction and a massive search involving search teams from the lower 48 pursued them... in their mind, and at the end, "they weren't lost." This attitude probably saved their lives, but as far as I know, once they were located and returned home, the whole things was just a big adventure for them... not presented as a "don't make the mistakes we made" opportunity. I may be wrong, but if they posted anything about it I've never heard about it.

Anyway, point being, we all do little things that we get away with once or twice even when we know they are wrong. Ignoring those little mistakes, or not acknowledging them as mistakes to be avoided, only creates a situation where deviation from "safe practices" becomes the norm, people become LESS aware of potential pitfalls, then the next thing you know... that little mistake that others got away with ends up being a big mistake that causes injury or death. So, honestly analyzing one's experiences becomes very very important. If you want to encourage people to try something new, you have to give them an honest picture of what they can expect.

MNS