I don't do doctors. Except to have my ears cleaned once, I haven't been to a doctor since I retired from the Air Force 18 years ago. Can't remember the last time I've been sick. Not even a cold. I seldom get headaches, but when I do, I just close my eyes for a minute, empty my mind, and they go away. Now I'm too old to die young.

Maybe people undercount. This morning, I had a bowl of oatmeal and fixins (300 calories) and 40 grams of peanuts. (237) calories. For lunch, I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich on homemade rye bread with peppers and onions and some chips (763 Calories.)

Somewhere along the way before lunch, I'll eat a fresh banana (155 calories) and probably have some peanuts or walnuts and raisins. (Another 250 calories or so.) So, I'm at 1600 by lunchtime at 11:00. Then there are the afternoon snacks, supper, second supper, bedtime snack, and a cup or two of hot chocolate or hot carob drink.

Generally, I'll only have a small serving of meat once a week or so. So, I say I'm "mostly vegetarian."

The times I put on weight is when I slip off a diet of organic food which is what happened this spring and summer.

Lots of times during the day, I'll go outside and pace on the deck while I ponder something or other. According to the pedometer I do about 8 miles a day. This is probably overstating it a bit because of the short paces at the end.