Yesterday, I went to a very small store to buy a couple caribiners for my hammock. Turns out the guy working was a hanger so he taught me a great suspension system which only cost $11.00. It was using straps to strap a kayak to a car. No stretch and very strong.

He had also been a backpacking instructor and climbing instructor at the local university. So we spent about 2 hours talking about my gear. Turns out we wear the same Keen shoes. He loved the Danner boots I bought.

When it got to the Svea, he said he loves his Jetboil. It's "lighter and easier to use." Well, I had my postal scale with me. (Does that mean I'm obsessive.) My Svea stove weighs 485 grams. The Jetboil without the cannister weighs 435 grams. It's also a LOT bigger. The jetboil pot is a lot bigger, but you can pour the water into a cup which attaches to the bottom. Since I like to cook food in the water as it's heating, that would mean two pots to clean.

Cannisters are convenient, but I'd end up with a bunch of half cannisters around, I guess. Or maybe weigh them and take the one I need based on the length of the trip. They are hard to get here.

Still, I could see he loved his Jetboil as much as I love my Svea, so I didn't say much.