I bought a set of froggtoggs a few days ago. I ended up trying them out today because of an odd situation. A drugged out driver hit our large brick mailbox and tore his car up pretty bad (and destroyed our mailbox in the process). Long story short, we were out talking to the guy, and his mom (who is a friend of ours), and the cops for quite a while, and since it was raining I grabbed the top of the suit. It worked very well except for one small problem, the hood is way too small.

My question is, what should I do about that? One idea I had was taking the material from the storage bag that comes with the suit, and making some type of extension on the hood (I plan on making a silnylon stuffsack for it anyway). The problem with that idea is that it would make it not fit in the little pouch in the collar of the jacket that it currently rolls up into, and I have no idea how to seal any of the seams I would have to sew. I dont think it not fitting in the pouch is that big an issue, because I dont see a situation where I wouldn't want the hood up. I also thought that maybe a wide brimed waterproof hat might work, and just forget the hood. Something like making a silnylon cover for a boonie hat or something like that. Does anyone have any opinions on either of those ideas, or any other suggestions?