I thought I'd update this thread since I have a bit of new info.

This summer I haven't been plagued by leg and foot cramps near as much as last. I've done a few things different. I've taken calcium and magnesium supplements on alternate days (as per MNS's advice), I've made a point to eat some salt (which I hadn't done in years) and drink a bit more water, and that's about it. The only times I can say I had the problem this year was when I didn't do that for a few days, and I've always taken the cal/mag/salt/water as soon as they flared up and they stopped. None have been near as severe as last year, not even close.

Also, over this past weekend someone mentioned that pickles help prevent leg cramps. It was probably something they read in one of the "Womans" magazines. My wife gets those magazines, she's not the one who read it, but after hearing of it she made a point to let me know about it. Pickles have a lot of salt in the solution, so that's possibly why they might help with this, but the vinegar, garlic, and dill might also have stuff that helps too.

We're just starting to eat our homemade dill pickles, so I can get my salt there now, and if the rest of those ingredients add something of a benefit, all the better wink

"You want to go where?"