Oregeon, those Western Mountaineer are too rich for my blood. lol. It'll take me some times to save up for that. I don't know where I can rent gears at around here just yet. I'm still searching for an outfitter that rents them out.

Glenn, my plan was to pick up some more compression sacks. I was going put sleeping bag, tent, pad, at the bottom. I'll put food, clothes, small stuff in compression sacks and just pile 'em up on one another. I might put the tent pole in that long pocket on outside and all the water bottles on side of the pack. I have a hydration bladder if I really need to pack it, but if there a lot of water source nearby, I have found no other reason to carry one. But if water source is a long distance away I'll pack it. I'm only planning on using this pack for 3 days at most. That about long as I ever plan to go backpacking. I might take it on winter dayhikes to pack my parka and essentials even though it'll be an over-killed, but at least it's a light pack! I might take them up on the custom strap. They have one men version left and if that strap slight big on me, they can swap them for better fitting one for no extra charges. Then if my body gains more weight in the future, then well, I guess I'll have to order new ones. lol.

Edited by ETSU Pride (08/10/11 11:24 AM)