I guess I mis spoke, I don't carry extra jeans for each day, I have 1 extra pair of jeans (if I'm going to be gone for more than 4 days, but if less I don't take any extra pants, same with shirts) however you guys have made an excellent point and driven it home about the jeans being heavier than nylon so I'll go find myself a pair of those.

The ax/saw I like having in places like Big Sur because they have a lot of fallen trees and big branches that need to be cut. I don't use really thick branches of course, it's all stuff that could be broken by stomping on but I'd prefer not to risk hurting my foot. Shovel I have but I've only taken it once (and only then because my friend and I were splitting gear between the two of us so weight wasn't really an issue). And that goes for the soda's too, I would be just fine with the powder drinks that you can get at the grocery store that you add to a bottle of water, I really like the Arizona green tea ones, but it was a cool luxury to have a soda. The electronics is just my phone (which I use as a camera) and I obviously won't be ditching that for a lighter camera because of the safety of having a phone, my gps is electronic but I feel safe with that, especially as a beginner the more I have to know where I am the better. I assume you were referring to the solar charger but to be honest I don't think I'll bring that after last trip, I was just fine using the guide 10 power pack and having 4 extra rechargeable batteries. I was able to plug in my phone and charge it (and my friends phone who was taking a LOT of videos as it was his first backpacking adventure). Last time I went I didn't use my phone for anything else (i.e. music/watching videos or anything else) but it is nice to be able to if I wanted or was alone. I will never ditch my leatherman for another multi tool because they're expensive and this is my dad's old one so I didn't have to spend a cent on it. I'll admit last time I went out I didn't use it once compared to my other knife, but I do like having it if I need the pliers or something else in there, it's not like it takes up room or is heavy, so I'm fine with it. Like I said though the shovel/axe/saw aren't things I would take with me every time I go, it's a matter of where I go and when.

And like you said about the sleeping bags, I do have 2 sleeping bags, a 3 and a 4 season one just like you said, I just mentioned size because I bought the 3 season after buying the 4 season and seeing how much space the 4 season one took.

Thanks for the welcomes and for helping me out, I'll definitely have to go get some nylon pants now.

-Robby