Somehow and I are leaving tomorrow. We decided to just hike the first half of the trail. The second half was getting to be too difficult to plan because of water and resupply and the possibility of snow late in the season should we move slower than planned.

There is still one day with no water for 10 miles. (Segment 2.) I confirmed this with someone who hiked it recently. On that day, I'll be starting heavy. About 44 pounds, but it will go down a LOT as we progress as I'm carrying most of the water. A lot of that section is in the open, so it will be hot. Fortunately, the weather forecast calls for cooler days then.

Somehow's pack will be 28 pounds. Somehow will be carrying most of the food, so the days after resupply are a little shorter to account for higher weight.

Segment 4 does have a 13 mile section without water with lots of elevation change, so we decided to bypass that on the old trail.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I wish I'd had a couple years to hang out here and learn more. But I think we will have fun and be safe.

Lori, thanks for the info on an itinerary in the other thread.