I suppose it might be a good idea, and of course this should be part of our beginner orientation and a good rule. smile

Its just that I've NEVER done that. I guess I'd have to decide where I was going before I left to do that. I generally decide that on the way. I know there's a huge gulf between the modern need for safety and the desire to take nature on its own terms. What ever happened to the "I'LL get there even if it kills me" spirit? confused I guess its just 2011 and things are crazy - like pigs fly smile - so frankly now humans also fly in squirrel suits. cool

On the other hand. If you have a cell phone just turn it on till the light winks once or twice and "they" will know where you are - no need to leave it on or even make a call. You gps location and id are sent as part of every communication with the network, and that since the tellecommunications actof what? 1996? sorry forgot - every cell phone since then has a gps that cannot be turned off.
Jim
What I mean is: If people epend that much time and energy watching me, why should I help them? Its getting harder and harder to get lost... and stay lost. cool

Edited by Jimshaw (07/30/11 04:11 PM)