I believe that Titanium is the best, I don't currently own any but if it's the strongest then it's the strongest. Simple as that.

I would also suggest getting a metal cup/bowl instead of the plastic versions, reason why is it can double as a mini pot in a pinch should you really want to go ultra-ultra light. I have nice plastic ones now but as I think about it I wish I had metal ones. Oh well, live and learn.

regarding hammocks: ENO has something called a "DoubleNest", big enough for 2 people, they also have accessories like the bug net as well. I am getting my tree straps elsewhere (Hammock Bliss ones are good for 400-500 lbs) and my tarp as well because Hennnessy's XL asym is the biggest and still lightweight I've found for hammocks so far.

If you know someone who has a travel hammock ask if you can borrow it for a night before shelling out a lot of money on a hammock system you can't sleep in. You might even be able to try them out in a store first. I didn't even think twice about purchasing the cheap $31 dollar version because I knew it would make a great gear addition to my set-up even if I never slept in it. I owned it for about 3-4 years before I finally got around to trying it out for an overnighter. Turns out it is an amazing deal for a decent quality hammock.

Edited by Tracy from CA (07/06/11 01:38 PM)