Hello,
I'm new to this forum so please correct me if this is posted in the wrong place. I'm a college student, 19yo, avid backpacker, but rightfully low on $$$ and I am looking for a new pack. I've been using an old (really old) Military surplus Alice pack which works well enough but I'd like something a bit more modern (and comfortable). I found two used packs and as far as I can tell they seem practically identical...I'm not picky, but I'm pretty indecisive. So I thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone could sway me toward one or away from the other, etc. The two packs I'm eyeing up are:

ALPS Mountaineering Orizaba backpack
High Peak Kathmandu 70+10 backpack
(also if you could tell me what 70+10 stands for that would be awesome)

These are both available used for the same price (50 clams), well actually the Orizaba is $1.27 more...and both in "excellent" condition.

I live in Allentown, PA but go to school in Pittsburgh. My backpacking conditions vary from New Mexico, Nevada, Utah desert to upstate NY mountains...so I need a pack that can handle pretty much everything (blazing hot to freezing cold and everything in between) I rarely have time to do more than 4 days/nights trekking with school (premed) and work but plan on doing more extended trips in the future, probably a week to 10 days long if I can grow the balls to do it. I'd say I'm pretty fit but like to travel as light as possible (don't we all). If there's any more info that could help guide your opinion I can glady provide it.

Thanks in advance for all the input.

Vinny