Quote:
I've done periodic "pack evictions"

So that's what you call it. grin
My fire kit grew from book matches to lighters, fire steel, and paraffin starters I make up. All that has been 'evicted' back down to 3 book match packs and a couple birthday candles.
I bag the matches and put them in different places to keep 'em dry. Firesteels are only good for stove lighting, I've decided.
I like to practice "single match technique" when lighting the chiminea on the porch...you get pretty good at it after awhile.

Phones/GPS....I'll only carry a phone on day hikes or, if I'm technically "at work" and clients need to reach me, meaning I've stolen away a couple nights. It stays off...on, to check messages.
A GPS is fun if I'm going off trail, but a good map is much easier to read an can't die. I don't own a SPOT.

Hammock...tried all the fancy whoopie slings, tree huggers, biners, etc. and have gone back to single suspension line simplicity. Two/three wraps around the tree...done. Shaved off some ounces and pack size.

I've got a nice 11oz. pump/filter that has traveled many miles and came out of the bag "o" times...it's never been used. So, I evicted it. I have a simple gravity bag/filter from silnylon that is much lighter, if I filter at all.

No headlamps. Sill using a red and white Inova coin cell light. Those hang around my neck with my Silva compass/whistle...then on the ridgeline in the hammock at night.

TP...evicted years ago. Leaves, water, drop of bronners, cloth (8" square of pack towel). Much cleaner, no trash, and much lighter when you consider the ziplocks and what TP rolls weigh. You run out of TP anyway after a few days.

Most clothing...evicted. Depends on where I'm hiking but usually what I'm wearing is all I bring. I'd rather wash it.

Trekking poles...evicted one. Can't hold umbrella and two poles. grin