I spent some time looking at packs last night online. The Flash does seem to be a nice pack, but those straps look a bit thin for carrying over 30lbs. They're about the same as those on my Peak 1 pack (Heather has one of those too) and for me, that's the biggest complaint I have with that pack. The biggest problem I have with that pack is that it's not quite big enough.

I can jam my gear and two days of food in it, but that's about the limit. I'm just under/over 30 lbs depending on the temps, so a couple more days of food wouldn't add much weight, but there just isn't the space inside it.

There are hardly any external frame packs available anymore, and most all the internals I saw, that were big enough for multi-day trips, and had decently padded hip belts and shoulder straps, are heavier than my old Peak 1.

For the money, I kind of like this Jansport Pack. It may not be a huge upgrade from what I have, but it will hold more. I'd love to be able to stuff my down coat in there when I'm not wearing it.

"You want to go where?"